The staff and students at Villa Maria College are working to bring change – trying to help the starving children around the world. It’s a big job – but, every bit helps.
They are getting ready to bring the MobilePack to the campus once again.
Every day, more than 6,200 children die from hunger related causes. By hosting a Feed My Starving Children MobilePack – they are doing something to change this very sad statistic. Of course, they can’t do it alone – so they are inviting Western New Yorkers to join them!!
At this 2 day event, they will bring together over 500 volunteers to hand pack 108,000 meals for starving children. The meals are then shipped to service organizations in countries all over the world. The meals that they are packing are called Manna Pack Rice, and consist of vitamin powder, dried vegetables, soy nuggets, and rice. The meals are specially formulated to meet the needs of starving children, and are an excellent source of protein, carbohydrates, and key nutrients.
Volunteers can be age 5 and up, and work for a 2 hour packing session. This is a great opportunity for families, businesses, church and school groups, and individuals to make a real difference in the fight against world hunger.
“Each meal that we pack costs just 22 cents to make. We have committed to fundraising to cover the cost of the meals we are packing, with a fundraising goal of just over $26, 000,” said Kim Kotes, Professor and MobilePac Coordinator at Villa Maria, “We are looking for individuals, businesses, and groups to donate to help us meet our goal. At 22 cents per meal, it costs just $80.00 to feed a child one life-saving meal for an entire year!”
This is the 7th MobilePack event that has been held at Villa Maria College, and they would like to get the WNY community involved in two ways:
1. Donate- Help them meet their fundraising goal to pay for the food that they pack. Each meal costs just 22 cents to make, so that donation goes a long way! A $10.00 donation will provide 45 meals; an $80 donation feeds a child for an entire year!
Each volunteer packs approximately $50.00 in food- please consider sponsoring a volunteer by donating that amount.
Donations can be made online at https://give.fmsc.org/BuffaloMobilePack
Donations by check can be mailed to:
Feed My Starving Children
401 93rd Avenue NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
ATTN: MobilePack 1804-025MI
Note: Please put MobilePack 1804-025MI on the memo line of the check.
2. Volunteer- we will need 500 volunteers to pack 108,000 meals. Volunteers come for a 2 hour session, and leave knowing how many meals they packed, and how many children will eat for a year due to their efforts. Volunteers can be age 5 and up.
There will be one volunteer session on Saturday April 14th (6-8 p.m.) and three volunteer sessions on Sunday April 15th (10 a.m.- 12 p.m.; 1-3 p.m.; 3:30-5:30 p.m.)
For more information about this event, or if you would like to volunteer, please contact Kim Kotz (716-961-1837 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Joan Mullin (716-961-1813 or email@example.com)
Watch a video about the MobilePack
My daughter, Emma and I are planning to volunteer and we would love to see you there!
Latest posts by Mary Friona (see all)
- Father and Toddler Son Diagnosed With Cancer Two Months Apart – One Family’s Journey - September 25, 2018
- Stolen Van Was Filled With Special Equipment for Owner’s Disabled Son - September 24, 2018
- Everything You Need to Know About the Totally Southtowns Family Fall Festival!! - September 23, 2018
Trackback from your site.
Following my heart with my husband and four daughters. An Emmy Award winning journalist lucky enough to work in television & radio for 20 years - seeing wonderful places, meeting great people and telling their stories.