This is pretty cool. That is Mr. Pickles rocking his socks (picture courtesy: Sherry Burns) A wonderful campaign to bring awareness to a local charity that makes a big difference for many families in our community.
First off all, if you’re not exactly sure what The Ronald McDonald House is all about, let me fill you in a bit.
The beautiful, comfortable house serves as a home-away-from-home for families who have sick children. That’s it in a nutshell. Folks who have kids staying at Women and Children’s Hospital or Roswell Park Cancer Institute can stay there while their child is in the hospital, or if their child needs to go to the hospital for treatment. If you’ve never needed the house, that’s great. If you have, I know how grateful you are. I know.
All of that being said, don’t let the name fool you. Big Macs do not pay for the house. McDonald’s Restaurants do not dish out cash like french fries to the homes around the country. It just isn’t how it works. Unfortunately. It’s a pretty common misconception. They actually rely on donations from the community.
OK, now time for this super fun, interactive contest that has everyone talking. It’s called ‘Rock Your Socks.’
Here’s how it works:
- Get your super-cool striped socks for $5.
- Wear your socks
- Take pictures of you, your friends, family, colleagues or pets wearing the socks.
- Upload your pictures to the website by March 14, 2017.
- Visit the Ronald McDonald Facebook Page and vote for your favorite pictures.
- Encourage friends and family to ‘like’ your picture on the page, too.
- Share it with the hashtag, #RockYourSocksBuffalo and be sure to tag @rmhcwny
- A panel of judges will select the winner from the 10 photos with the most votes (likes).
I know, so cool!
You buy the socks, and upload your pictures to the Ronald McDonald House website HERE.
Let’s hear it for this FUN-(d)-raiser that will help bring awareness to a special place in WNY.
Latest posts by Mary Friona (see all)
- UNYTS Becomes Connect Life – New Name, Same Amazing Mission - August 15, 2019
- Adults Take Over Explore & More For Grown Up Night of Play! - August 15, 2019
- Experience Life in the Early 1800s During Hull Family Home & Farmstead’s Heritage Days - August 15, 2019
Trackback from your site.