Written by Lifestyle Contributor, Andrea Merrill
When time is short, what’s the best way to get your cardio in? INTERVALS! Interval training can be done on any piece of equipment, or even with no equipment at all. Using the principle of working really hard for a very short period of time, and then backing off for a bit before going hard again, you can train your heart and burn a ton of calories in a short period of time. Grab your stopwatch, choose your cardio method (run, swim, bike, jump rope – whatever!) and try this 20 minute circuit:
– 1 minute – Warm up (easy ride, swim or walk)
– 3 minutes – Pick up your pace a little
– 2 minutes – Pick up pace even more (just shy of your hardest effort)
– 20 second “sprint” (hardest effort), 20 second “recovery” (back off)
– 30 second sprint, 30 second recovery
– 45 second sprint, 45 second recovery
– 60 second sprint, 60 second recovery
– 90 second sprint, 90 second recovery
– 1 minute walk or cool down
– 3 minutes – Pick pace back up a little
– 1 minute cool down
If you ever find yourself with questions about your fitness or nutrition routines, I’d love to help! You can follow me on Instagram and Facebook as andreamerrillwellness, or join my weekly classes at Rebel Ride in Clarence and Crunch Fitness in Williamsville.
Andrea and her husband, Michael are currently dealing with the aftermath of his brain tumor diagnosis, surgery and recovery. Thankfully this hasn’t crushed them, but has made them stronger and even more committed to living with intention and joy, no matter the circumstances! Whole and healthy living can be found in the midst of chaos and difficult circumstances, and it is now Andrea’s mission to spread that message of hope.She will fill her blog posts with ideas to change your lifestyle a little at a time so the changes you make are sustainable.Give yourself a year of steady progress and you’ll look back in amazement about just how far you’ve come!
Group and Individual Personal Training
Goal Setting Consultations
Wellness Seminar/Conference Speaker
Christian Musician & Speaker
Latest posts by Andrea Merrill (see all)
- Lifestyle and Fitness Expert advice – Don’t waste time – Exercise Efficiently - April 13, 2018
- Make a Change – Shake Up Your Workout! - March 7, 2018
- Make a Change – Begin with Breakfast and this quick, easy way to start the day! - February 19, 2018
Trackback from your site.