Flames ripped through a multiple family building on Tuesday leaving several families to pick up the pieces.
Four families, all with children, were displaced by the fire at an apartment complex at 310 Main St., in the Village of Youngstown. Thankfully they all got out of the building unharmed. Sadly, several pets were lost in the fire.
Janelle and Kevin Voelker were able to get out safely with only the clothing they were wearing. The couple, with a daughter in high school lost everything. Now, friends and family are working to get them some basic needs including toiletries, clothing and food and have started a donation page to offset costs not paid for by renters insurance.
A donation page has been set up on Facebook with a list of clothing items and sizes needed. If you would like to help – please CLICK HERE
Faculty and staff of the Lewiston-Porter School District is also helping with the efforts. Those interested in assisting can contact Lew-Port social workers Danielle Kudula (middle school, 716-754-8281, ext. 5118/or high school, 716-286-7257; email, DKudula@Lew-Port.com) or Erin Myers (Lew-Port Primary Education Center, 716-286-7220, ext. 6407; email, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- New mom, cancer survivor in need of Kidney Transplant - April 20, 2021
- Four-year-old Lily is fighting Leukemia – and she needs our help and our prayers! - April 14, 2021
- The Totally Buffalo Festival is COMING BACK! - March 17, 2021
Trackback from your site.