Written by Lifestyle Contributor, MJ Cimato of Cooked Buffalo
I love the Buffalo Bills. I know I share the same sentiment as the rest of Bills fans (shout out to the Bills Mafia!) THE DROUGHT IS OVER! The team’s playoff run was short lived, yes, but nonetheless, it happened. The Buffalo Bills made the NFL playoffs after 17 years. This city had electricity running through it on New Year’s Eve that couldn’t be topped.
I’m starting with the positive.
I HATE the Patriots. Hate them with a burning, raging passion. I’m sick of Tom Brady. I’m sick of Bill Bellichick and his cut off sweatshirts. I’m DONE with them always winning AFC East. I went to the same high school as Gronk and I can’t be proud of it. I want to boycott the Super Bowl in protest of how much I detest the Patriots organization.
I won’t though.
Super Bowl parties mean amazing food- especially if you’re from Buffalo. I’m drooling at the thought of pizza, wings, dips, beer, chips, and brownies. Gluttonous, I know, but the Super Bowl is the Thanksgiving of junk food, and I’m here for it.
Delicious Super Bowl food will definitely be packed with calories. On top of that, I think I eat approximately 10 servings of any dip that’s offered. It’s ok to indulge in some of your favorites, but you can also make delicious, guilt free pizza and chicken wing replacements to save calories.
Zucchini pizza bites are versatile, and super easy to make. Their size makes them a great finger food, and no carbs makes them guilt free. Skinny chicken wing dip served with celery and carrots incorporate even more veggies into your party, and the ingredient swaps are healthier, but delicious. Greek yogurt provides the creaminess and tang of sour cream, and the neufachel cream cheese is my go to anytime. At 1/3 the fat of regular cream cheese, you won’t lose any of the flavor or texture. Tag us in your pictures on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter @cookedbuffalo to show us how your lite Super Bowl bites turned out!
For 24-30 pizza bites
2 medium size zucchini
1-tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup Marinara or pizza sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Italian seasoning, to taste
Optional Toppings: vegan cheese, vegetables, pepperoni,
1) Toss zucchini with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray, and broil zucchini about 1-2 minutes per side.
2) Top with sauce, cheese, and toppings, and return to broiler until cheese has melted, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle Italian seasoning to taste.
Skinny Chicken Wing Dip
½- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (depending on heat preference)
4 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
1-cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
2 scallions, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
1 cup shredded cheese, divided (part skim mozzarella has fewer calories than cheddar)
1/3-1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
Carrots and celery for serving
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, yogurt, Frank’s, garlic powder, and onion powder.
3) Fold in scallion, chicken, ½ cup cheese, and half of the blue cheese crumbles.
4) Pour into baking dish and top with the remaining shredded cheese.
5) Bake for about 30 minutes or until bubbly on top.
6) Remove from oven and top with remaining blue cheese and green onion.
Latest posts by MJ Cimato (see all)
- Loco Moco – The best dish EVER! Here’s how to make it! - April 10, 2018
- Easy, healthy & delicious Superbowl snacks … - January 31, 2018
- Great information on the “Mediterranean Diet” and a SUPER easy, SUPER delicious recipe - January 18, 2018
Trackback from your site.