They’re finally here!! What an amazing and beautiful sight to see along Buffalo’s Waterfront. The family-friendly display of tall ships has arrived and lined the Erie Basin Marina for tours and fun!
The event, called Port of Call: Buffalo features a fleet of 12 sailing vessels – with ships representing countries from all around the world! Yes, you can witness a spectacular fleet of 12 historic tall ships from throughout the US, Canada, Spain and the South Pacific racing through the Great Lakes, making their first ever port appearance in Buffalo! Experience a weekend of family fun, filled with live entertainment, historical exhibits, food and beverages, and much more.
For those heading down to board the vessels – here is some important information you need to know!
- There will be limited parking at Waterfront Village on Lakefront Blvd.
- Part of Marine Drive will be closed.
- Erie Street will be closed.
- Customers sailing on the ships and restaurant patrons can use the pay-to-park lots at Waterfront Village.
- Ticket holders should arrive one hour prior to departure time.
- Motorists are asked to avoid the Ohio Street exit off the Skyway.
- Visitors to Canalside are encouraged to park east o Main Street and Canalside.
- Consider taking the Metro Rail to Canalside.
- Security will be extremely tight – NO backpacks, umbrellas, selfie sticks, food, coolers and all liquids – including water bottles – you may bring empty bottles and fill them at water filling stations located at the event.
- Purses and camera bags will be checked.
- Strollers can NOT be taken onboard but can be left nearby.
- No dogs are permitted on the ships (not even service dogs).
- Security screening will take place.
For more information and schedule times and dates – go to portofcallbuffalo.org
- Shop for a Great Cause at Sip. Shop. Support - October 28, 2021
- The Curtain Opens at Shea’s With Disney’s Frozen!! - September 15, 2021
- Borderland is almost here!!!!Are you ready for an AMAZING weekend of MUSIC, ART and FUN? - September 13, 2021
Trackback from your site.