For the vendors and attendees at the Sip. Shop. Support. extravaganza on Saturday, November 13, buying small means making a big impact, thanks to the Women Inspired through Networking & Collaboration (WINC).
That’s because in addition to mimosas, pierogis from Simply Pierogi and desserts from Chrusciki Bakery; a wine wall, raffle baskets and over 25 women-owned businesses from across WNY showcasing their goods and services, all proceeds from the event will benefit Dress For Success Buffalo, a nonprofit that empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a support network, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and life.
“This is our fourth Sip. Shop. Support., and we’re excited to be back,” said Chris Belin, WINC’s Vice President, who is also a Certified Health Coach. Belin co-founded WINC in 2019 as a way for women professionals to connect with one another through networking, mentorship, education, business referrals and philanthropy. The group hosts monthly meetings and team building events, is industry-specific and strongly believes in giving back to the community through hosting Sip. Shop. Support.
The event was on hiatus last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and was last held in December 2019. That occasion raised over $3,000, and in all, Sip. Shop Support. has donated almost $6,000 to various local, women-focused nonprofits, including the WNY Women’s Foundation, Buffalo GirlChoir and Haven House.
Sip. Shop. Support. is Belin’s brainchild after imagining an event for women to network and shop from other women-owned businesses, with the proceeds going to a local charity. “It’s all about supporting women,” she said, “from the women who run their own businesses, to the women in need, and all others in between.”
This year’s Sip. Shop. Support. is taking place on Saturday, November 13 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the BFLO Events Center, located at the Eastern Hills Mall in Clarence. Tickets can be purchased at https://www.wincbuffalo.com/givingback2buffalo/sipshopsupport and cost $10 presale or $12 at the door. The price includes admission and one drink ticket, with proceeds going toward Dress for Success Buffalo. In addition to the ample retail therapy opportunities from local women owned businesses, Buffalo Braid Babes will be on hand to provide custom braiding creations, with a portion of their fees allocated to Dress for Success Buffalo as well.
This year’s list of vendors includes:
• Glow Spa • Raindrop Remedies
• Pure Romance • Haus Capital
• Spruce on Main • BLK Python Boutique
• Jackpot Candles • Indie Twenty
• All the Embellishments • InspirationByArianna
• Sunsets and Souls Boutique • Buffalo by Czarnota
• True Stitches • ReStyle Loft
• Color Street • Cup of Communitea
• Colvin Ceramics • Chrusciki Bakery
• Espesyal Designs • House of Colour
• Young Living Essential Oils • Buffalo Braid Babes
• HUNT Real Estate • Balanced Body Foods
• Filled with Love Buffalo • Jada Blitz Fitness
• The Knotted Fox
“We’ll have a little bit of everything,” said Belin, “from clothing to jewelry, health and beauty products and even financial services. Sip. Shop. Support. is an easy and convenient way to knock some holiday shopping off your list or even treat yourself to something special. And you’ll feel good knowing your support is going directly to help local women.”
For more information on WINC and Sip. Shop. Support., go to wincbuffalo.com.
- ‘Concert for Cares’ to bring hope and joy to hundreds this Christmas! - September 11, 2022
- NEW BUSINESS BRINGS A NEW TYPE OF HEALTH AND WELLNESS TO LEWISTON! - June 29, 2022
- Paddle with a Purpose – The Dragon Boat Festival Gets Set to Sail Once Again - June 4, 2022