MY NEW OBSESSION: Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner – Non-Toxic, Organic and Effective! (Here’s the recipe)
I’m literally obsessed with this homemade all purpose cleaner. Not only does it work AMAZINGLY well, it smells wonderful and it’s non-toxic – which is really so important to me. I have little ones and pets and always worry about toxins.
I started using it a few months ago and wanted to be sure it worked and I loved it – before I shared it. The best part is that it really does work on anything.
So – here is the recipe –
1 Tablespoon 18-in-1 Hemp Lavender Pure-Castile Soap
20 drops of Lemon Renewing Pure Essential Oil
Fill bottle with water
That is it. SOOO easy and the essential oil and castile soap last quite a while with this recipe.
I use this cleaner for countertops, floors, windows, bathrooms and just about anything and everything else.
Some of you are probably already familiar with what castile soap is. But just in case you aren’t, or could use a refresher, here’s a brief rundown. Castile soap is soap made from vegetable oil, rather than from animal fat or synthetic detergents. It originates from the Castile region of Spain (hence the name,) where it was made from pure, local olive oil. Although olive oil is the traditional base oil, the soap can be made with coconut, hemp, avocado, almond, walnut, and many other vegetable oils.
I used to clean with vinegar – which works fine – but doesn’t really clean up grease and doesn’t smell great. This recipe works on grease, has disinfectant and smells wonderful.
Here is a rundown of where I buy the products but they are easy to find just about anywhere.
- 18-in-1 Hemp Lavender Pure-Castile Soap. The 16 oz bottle is $10.99 at Drbronner.com. LINK
- Aura Cacia Pure Essential Oil – Renewing – available on Amazon but also many other retailers/specialty shops. A 2 oz bottle is $7.99 on Amazon. LINK
- I use a glass spray bottle. 16 oz. spray bottle on Amazon is $6.98. LINK
I’ve done quite a bit of research and this is the real deal.
This soap is:
- Biodegradable and vegetable-based
- Free of synthetic foaming agents, thickeners and preservatives
- 100% vegan
- Free of animal testing
FYI – you can also use the castile soap as a body wash – I’ll try it out and let you know how it works!
Latest posts by Mary Friona (see all)
- Father and Toddler Son Diagnosed With Cancer Two Months Apart – One Family’s Journey - September 25, 2018
- Stolen Van Was Filled With Special Equipment for Owner’s Disabled Son - September 24, 2018
- Everything You Need to Know About the Totally Southtowns Family Fall Festival!! - September 23, 2018
Trackback from your site.