Explore & More – The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Children’s Museum, the Buffalo & Erie County Naval & Military Park and Buffalo Waterfront have joined forces to bring 20+ military and emergency vehicles to our waterfront for some family-friendly hands-on play and exploration.
It’s a great way to show appreciation for our brave military personnel and emergency responders who keep our country and community safe!
Honk for Heroes will take place at Canalside on August 31st from 10 am to 2 pm. The events along Canalside are FREE, there is a charge to enter the museum and naval park.
Here is what you can expect:
– Emergency & Military vehicle exploration is FREE and open to the public
– Parade, water show, musical performances are FREE and open to the public
10 am Cotter Fireboat show Waterfront Free
10 am Buffalo Dolls – National Anthem The Ruins Free
10 am–1 pm Buffalo Dolls Performance The Ruins Free
10 am–2 pm Vehicle Exploration Canalside & The Naval Park Free
10 am–2 pm Kids VIP Play Area Pierce Lawn $5
• Fisher Price Rescue Hero Play Zone
• Bounce Houses
• Mini Obstacle Course
• Group Craft Activity
• Water Tables
• Imagination Playground
• Thank you cards for Police, Fire & Military
10 am–2 pm Vendor/Recruitment Fair Great Lawn Free
12:30 pm-1 pm Heroes Parade Great Lawn – Naval Park Free
• Families are invited to march in our Color Guard Parade that starts on the Great Lawn and ends at the Naval Park. Dress like your favorite hero (real life or comics!)
Events along Canalside are free and a $15 ticket gets access to both Explore & More and the Buffalo & Erie County Naval & Military Park
Explore & More in-museum Honk for Heroes Activities:
10 am-12 pm Police Hat Crown Art Studio
12 pm-3 pm Cityscape Emergency Hero Creation Tinkering Tank
2:30 pm–3:30 pm Stoplight Snacks Cooking Galley
Explore & More guests are welcome to visit the museum for the regular price ($11) or to purchase a $15 ticket for admission to both Explore & More and the Naval Park.
Tickets can be purchased at Explore & More in person or in advance at exploreandmore.org.
Latest posts by Mary Friona (see all)
- Former Buffalo Sabres owner & businessman, Tom Golisano’s yacht transported 30 tons of supplies to Bahamas, rescued 50 dogs - September 18, 2019
- Local business celebrates 185th anniversary by donating 185 bags of food to those in need! - September 17, 2019
- Buffalo’s ‘Singing Cops’ are going to Hollywood & their own sitcom!!!!! - September 16, 2019
Trackback from your site.